The Process - League Tables
Step 1: Submit your data by October 27, 2023
- TMT M&A Awards are the only pure-play TMT M&A deal awards and they act as the most important benchmark for the leading financial and legal advisers and investors active in the sector.
- The League Tables are compiled using our comprehensive TMT DealData which includes a powerful mix of aggregated and proprietary M&A data points
- There is no cost to submit your deals to us, but to ensure we capture your deals, please submit your data no later than our deadline of October 17, 2023.
- You can use our simple upload tool here or contact our Head of Research Olga Stahl at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are looking for data for all M&A deals announced between Sep 1, 2022 and Aug 31, 2023 and over $50m deal value
Step 2: Data analysis
- Our research team then analyses TMT DealData to identify and shortlist the top performing advisors, investors and deals in a range of M&A League Table categories.
- If your transactions have undisclosed values we will use our own proprietary data if we have it - otherwise the deal will count for Volume only (not Value)
- M&A advisers who wish to be considered for the awards must appear within TMT DealData league tables.
- Our league tables capture the role of an adviser mandated on any side of the deal (bidder, target or seller)
- Full criteria can be found here: /awards/criteria
Step 3: Shortlists announced from November 4, 2023
- As soon as the data analysis is complete, the TMT M&A Awards shortlists are publicly announced. Only firms that appear on the shortlist are eligible to enter TMT M&A Awards
- For all adviser shortlists, this is for deals announced between 1 September 2022 and 31 August 2023 (excluding lapsed or cancelled) with a deal value of more than USD 50m
- For Digital Infra M&A adviser shortlists, this takes into account where the dominant subsectors are: Datacentres, Fibre, Cable and Broadband; Towers and Small Cells; Satellite
- For Technology M&A adviser shortlists, this takes into account where the dominant sector is: Technology and dominant subsectors are: Cloud, IT and Managed Services, Enterprise Software and SaaS, IoT, Aps, Marketplace and eCommerce, FinTech, Hard Tech, AI and Automation and Cybersecurity
- The full league tables will be published in early February 2024.
Step 4: Send a pitch by November 30, 2023
- Each firm who successfully makes the shortlist is invited to write up to a 350-word pitch which will then be used in conjunction with the data and reviewed by our panel of expert judges.
- Those shortlisted firms who also submit a pitch will clearly have an advantage versus those who choose not to submit a pitch
- Your pitch needs to tell the story behind the data – our judges are looking for how the individuals, teams, firm added value to the M&A deal processes and highlight any solutions to challenging circumstances.
- The pitch documents are treated as confidential but please mark any previously undisclosed information as 'Confidential'
- Winners will be judged on factors including size, quantity, scale, market impact, complexity, financing, and any other relevant conditions under which the transaction was executed.
- Please submit your pitches to Duncan.Siegle@tmtfinance.com